Fundraiser party at ContainerVille. Friday 12th December 2014
The Music Hackspace was recently awarded a year’s free rent at ContainerVille, in Hackney, East London. The space is brand new, and is equipped with a kitchen corner! We will be able to organise seminars, workshops and much more.
We need funds to equip the studio space and successfully kickstart this new adventure. We’re raising £2,500 to equip the Music Hackspace studio space because we want to help develop our London community. Our fundraiser party will take place next Friday 12th December, 6pm, at ContainerVille unit 15, 5-10 Corbridge Crescent, London E2 9DS. The closest tube stations are Cambridge Heath Road station (5 minutes walk), Bethnal Green (Central Line – 10 minutes away) and Hoxton station (Overground – around 15 minutes).
The fundraising party will be an opportunity to meet with the members of the collective, and learn more about our plans for the coming year.
How to help: In order to structure the fundraising, we’ve created a page on Yimby to collect all donations. We’ve set the goal to £2500 to buy furniture and cover basic costs of moving in. Please support by donating £10 or more, and share widely with your friends and networks! We’ll be sending a wider e-mail in the next few days to raise awareness of the fundraising.
We will host an inauguration party on the 16th of January 2015. By this time, we hope to have gathered enough support for the space to be fully functional.
1. Furniture: nice tables, chairs, a small fridge, shelves units, entrance and floor rugs, small sofa.
2. Electronics: soldering irons, oscilloscope, components, extension leads.
3. Computers, screen monitors, projector, speakers, music software licenses, good condition musical instruments and controllers, printer, scanner, landline phone, stationery.
4. Workshop leaders to run activities during the week to raise funds.
5. A good and affordable accountant.